NMAH INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE
Available spring internships at the National Museum of American History now have applications open and the deadlines are approaching soon.
Spring Application deadline Oct. 15
Minority Awards Internship deadline Oct. 1
A list of the internship projects:
1. Archives Center
2. Curatorial Projects (Culture & the Arts; Work & Industry; Armed Forces History; Home Community & Life; Political History; Medicine & Science)
3. Collections Management
4. Conservation (Paper, Object, Costume/Textile)
5. Lemelson Spark!Lab (working with youth 6-12yo)
6. Wegmans Wonderplace (working with early education under 6yo)
7. Museum Education
8. Public Programs (Latino History; African American History & Culture; Music; Theatre; and Food & Agriculture)
9. Development (Fundraising)
10. Special Events
11. Social Media (Blogging)
12. Exhibition Design
13. Human Resources
14. And many more!
To apply be prepared to upload:
Transcripts (can be unofficial)
2 Letters of Recommendation (SOLAA will allow you to put your recommenders names and emails and they will send them an email notification asking them to upload the letter on to your SOLAA profile through a link).
Essay (min. one page – max. two pages) Should be a summary of all your experiences (academic, volunteer, internships and/or paid jobs) as well as your learning expectations for the internship.
Here are some resources to help prepare:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/getinvolved/internship NMAH Internships
http://americanhistory.si.edu/about/departments NMAH Departments (describes the role of each department and division)
http://www.smithsonianofi.com/ Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships