Dear University Colleagues,
You are cordially invited to join students, faculty, staff and the community of the University of Maryland in delving deeply into The Triumph of Isabella FREE immersive experience, multimedia talk, and exhibit. This performance and scholarship exhibition has been brought to you by the School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies’ International Program for Creative Collaboration and Research (IPCCR) and is an inaugural event to celebrate this program and the international collaborations i
· The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (The events start in the The Gildenhorn Recital Hall, will move to the Grand Pavilion, and end in the Dance Theatre.
· September 20th from 2:30-4:00PM
· September 20th from 7:30-9:00PM
· September 23rd from 1:30-3:00PM
· An exciting, informative multimedia talk by Dr. Susan Haedicke (University of Warwick, Coventry) on the spectacle of street performance entitled “From the Infanta’s Triumph to the Sultan’s Elephant;”
· Live performances in the Grand Foyer inspired by a set of iconic 17th century paintings;
· An interactive exhibit of the Triumph of Isabella paintings in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Center;
· An immersive, projected, sight and sound experience that takes you to the live “Ommegang” street experience of 1615 Brussels.
· Students, faculty, staff, and UMD guests may reserve FREE tickets at the CLARICE box office in person, via email, or via phone:
Phone: 301.405.ARTS (2787) email@example.com