I am pleased to announce five graduate internship opportunities for summer 2018 at The Henry Ford:
- Archival Holdings Survey Internship
- Industrial Design Collection Processing Internship
- McGuffey Readers Organization, Description, and Access Internship
- Textile Conservation Internship
- Textile History Collection Archival Processing Internship
For more information, please visit https://www.thehenryford.org/c
The Henry Ford’s Simmons Internship Program is designed for current graduate students pursuing careers in museums, historical agencies, conservation labs, or related fields. This internship provides participants with an opportunity to gain in-depth work experience in a major American history museum.
Stipend and Terms of Internship Simmons interns are awarded stipends for a minimum 12-week full time internship. Starting and ending dates for individual internships are negotiable. The Simmons Internship Program is funded by the Vera W. and Walter E. Simmons Endowment Fund.
Applications should include:
• A letter of application, stating how your graduate studies, work and/or volunteer experience and
personal interests qualify you for the specific project
• A résumé
• Two letters of recommendation regarding your qualifications for the internship, submitted directly by the authors.
Students may apply for more than one internship project, but must submit a unique letter of application for each. Duplicate letters of recommendation and resumes will be considered. The deadline for application is Friday, March 9 (postmarked or emailed by 11:59 PM EST).
Please submit inquiries, letter(s) of application, résumé and letters of recommendation to HistoryInternship@TheHenryFord.org or Saige Jedele, Simmons Internship Coordinator, The Henry Ford (20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124-5029).